1. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
4. Covered with scabs.
10. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
13. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
14. A genus of Accipitridae.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
18. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
19. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
20. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
21. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
23. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
25. (classical architecture) A molding for a cornice.
26. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
29. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
33. A city of southeastern Mexico.
36. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
37. A unit of pressure.
38. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
39. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
41. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
43. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
44. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
47. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
48. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
50. Covered with water.
52. Metal supports for logs in a fireplace.
57. A warning against certain acts.
59. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
60. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
61. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
64. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
65. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
66. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The state of affairs that a plan is intended to achieve and that (when achieved) terminates behavior intended to achieve it.
2. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
3. Used of the language of the deaf.
4. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
7. Enlarged prostate.
8. Flat crusty-bottomed onion roll.
9. A town in south central Washington.
10. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
17. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
22. Greek mythology.
24. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. An associate degree in applied science.
28. Being one more than sixty.
30. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
31. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
32. A narrow way or road.
34. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
35. God of the earth.
40. Feel bitter or indignant about.
42. A very light brown.
45. Not in a state of sleep.
46. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
49. A low triangular area where a river divides before entering a larger body of water.
50. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
51. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
53. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
54. The face of a timepiece.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
56. Offering fun and gaiety.
58. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
62. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.