1. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
4. The capital of Bahrain.
10. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
13. A city in the European part of Russia.
14. (neuroscience) Of or relating to or resembling an axon.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. (British) A linear measure of 16.5 feet.
17. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
18. A master's degree in business.
19. A region of western India north of Bombay (bordering the Arabian Sea) where Gujarati is spoken.
21. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. An aromatic balsam.
26. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
28. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
29. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
34. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
37. A city and port in northern Jutland.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
42. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. Suggestive of the supernatural.
45. United States politician and orator (1782-1817).
48. Given or having a specified name.
49. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
51. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
53. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
55. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
59. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
61. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
64. An associate degree in applied science.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. In a foreign country.
68. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
69. An informal term for a father.
70. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
71. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
1. Goddess of war.
2. Especially of a ship's lines etc.
3. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. (combining form) Very large in scale or scope or capability.
5. Of or relating to or resembling an axis of rotation.
6. Type genus of the Noctuidae.
7. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
8. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
9. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
10. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
20. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
22. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
27. A violent weather condition with winds 64-72 knots (11 on the Beaufort scale) and precipitation and thunder and lightening.
30. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
32. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
33. Advanced in years.
35. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
36. A formal expression of praise.
38. A Russian river.
39. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
41. A capacitance unit equal to one billion farads.
43. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
46. Small deer of Japan with slightly forked antlers.
47. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
50. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
52. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
54. A lyric poet.
56. God of love and erotic desire.
57. Uttering in an irritated tone.
58. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
60. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
62. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
63. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
67. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.