1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. Capital of Vanuatu.
9. English Pre-Raphaelite painter (1827-1910).
13. Wind god.
14. A small island.
15. A genus of European owls.
16. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
17. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
18. United States actor who performed with his wife Lynn Fontanne in many stage productions (1893-1977).
19. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
21. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
23. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
24. (trade mark) A soft form of cereal for infants.
25. The superior of an abbey of monks.
28. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
29. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
36. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
37. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
39. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
40. By bad luck.
42. Great coolness and composure under strain.
45. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
48. A branch of the Tai languages.
49. Salted roe of sturgeon or other large fish.
52. Being one more than three.
55. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
56. Fiddler crabs.
58. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
60. Go "ding dong", like a bell.
61. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
63. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
64. On or toward the lee.
65. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
66. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
1. Rounded like an egg.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
4. Flavored with sour orange peel.
5. A choice or delicious dish.
6. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
7. An honorary law degree.
8. Greek author of fables (circa 620-560 BC).
9. Lean flesh of very large flatfish of Atlantic or Pacific.
10. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
11. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
12. A clan identified by their kinship to a common totemic object.
20. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
22. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
27. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. South African term for `boss'.
33. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
34. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
35. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
38. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
39. An honorary law degree.
41. Burn superficially or lightly.
43. English illustrator of several of Dickens' novels (1815-1882).
44. Washing out a hollow organ (especially the stomach) by flushing with water.
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
47. A city in northwestern Turkey.
50. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
51. Flat surface that rotates and pushes against air or water.
53. A piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food.
54. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
57. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
62. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.