1. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
4. Covered with paving material.
10. A master's degree in business.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. A Greek island west of Greece.
15. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. Jordan's port.
18. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
19. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
20. A member of the North American Indian people living in southern Arizona and northern Mexico.
23. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
25. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
28. The basic unit of money in Romania.
29. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
32. A rapid bustling commotion.
35. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
36. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
38. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
40. The sound made by corvine birds.
42. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
43. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
44. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
47. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
52. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
56. A bachelor's degree in religion.
58. 100 kopecks equal 1 ruble.
60. A flexible container with a single opening.
62. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
65. A small cake leavened with yeast.
66. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
67. A large and stately mansion.
69. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
70. A light touch or stroke.
71. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
2. A Muslim or Hindu mendicant monk who is regarded as a holy man.
3. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
4. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
6. Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia.
7. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
8. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
9. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
10. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
11. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
12. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
17. Shout loudly and without restraint.
21. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
22. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
24. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. Narrow platform.
30. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
31. The cry made by sheep.
33. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
34. Rounded like an egg.
37. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
45. An indistinct shapeless form.
48. A bottomless gulf or pit.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Jordan's port.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. Informal terms for a mother.
55. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
57. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
59. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
61. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
63. An associate degree in applied science.
64. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
68. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).