1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. Type genus of the family Ulvaceae.
13. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
14. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
15. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
16. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
18. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
20. Regional and archaic.
22. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
23. Informal terms for a mother.
24. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
26. (informal) Of the highest quality.
27. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
30. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
32. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
34. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
37. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
39. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
40. A young woman making her debut into society.
41. Not divisible by two.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
48. Former measure of the US economy.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
54. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
55. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
59. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
60. Having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another.
61. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
1. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
2. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
3. Distance travelled per unit time.
4. Fungus used in the preparation of punk for fuses.
5. United States collector and patron of art who built a museum in Boston to house her collection and opened it to the public in 1903 (1840-1924).
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
8. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
9. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
10. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
11. Membrane of the young sporophore of various mushrooms extending from the margin of the cap to the stem and is ruptured by growth.
12. Squash bugs.
17. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
19. A geographical region of northeastern South America including Guyana and Surinam.
21. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
25. The sixth month of the civil year.
28. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
31. Used of a single unit or thing.
33. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
35. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
36. Either extremity of something that has length.
38. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
42. American Revolutionary patriot.
44. With rapid movements.
46. Dearly loved.
47. In bed.
49. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
50. Type genus of the Ranidae.
51. (informal) Exceptionally good.
53. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
56. A member of the military police who polices soldiers and guards prisoners.
57. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.