1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. The fifth month of the civil year.
10. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
13. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
14. A South American river.
15. The act of using.
16. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
22. In card games.
24. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
27. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
30. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
34. Of the insects in the chrysalis (cocoon) or post larval stage.
36. Grave or even gloomy in character.
37. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
39. A sharp hooked claw especially on a bird of prey.
40. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
44. Either extremity of something that has length.
45. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
48. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
51. The residue that remains when something is burned.
53. Highly excited.
57. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
60. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
61. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
64. One of the common people.
65. An enclosed space.
66. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
68. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
1. An arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers.
2. Fallow deer.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
5. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
6. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
7. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
8. A habitual liar (after a New Testament character who was struck dead for lying).
9. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
10. A genus of Mustelidae.
11. One thousandth of a second.
12. Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees.
17. A port in northwestern Israel on the Bay of Acre.
19. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended.
21. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
23. A member of a subgroup of people who inhabit Lesotho.
25. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
28. A member of the Athapaskan people of the Trinity River valley in California.
29. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
31. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
32. Extremely robust.
33. Of a quality, as in.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
46. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
47. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
49. Type genus of the Ranidae.
50. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
54. A British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters.
55. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
56. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
58. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
59. The bill in a restaurant.
62. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
63. Informal terms for a mother.
64. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.