1. A byproduct of inflammation.
4. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
10. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
13. Step on it.
14. Draw in by breathing.
15. A human limb.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. An administrative unit of government.
18. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
19. A city in east central Texas.
21. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
23. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
28. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
29. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. (British) A member of the military police.
36. (Bible) The archangel who was the messenger of God.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
44. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
47. A decree that prohibits something.
50. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
52. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
55. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
57. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
61. At full speed.
63. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
64. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
65. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
68. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
69. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
70. Characteristic of or relating to winter.
71. A typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system.
1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
2. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
3. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
4. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
5. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
6. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
7. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
8. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
9. French marshal in the Napoleonic Wars (1769-1815).
10. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
11. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
12. A city in northern India.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
24. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
27. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
31. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
32. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
33. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
35. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
45. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
46. Small deciduous Asiatic tree bearing large red or orange edible astringent fruit.
48. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
49. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
51. (law) The seat for judges in a courtroom.
53. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
54. Relating to or associated with or comprising a convolution of the brain.
56. A primeval personification of air and breath.
57. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
58. Type genus of the Anatidae.
59. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
60. An account describing incidents or events.
62. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
63. A flexible container with a single opening.
66. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
67. Before noon.