1. Pan with a convex bottom.
4. A city in west central Mexico.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
14. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. Characteristic of a mob.
17. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. (informal) Exceptionally good.
21. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
24. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. United States feminist who was active in the women's suffrage movement (1819-1910).
33. A festival featuring African-American culture.
39. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
40. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
41. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
42. A doctor's degree in education.
43. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
47. Any plant of the genus Erica.
49. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
53. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
57. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
58. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
61. A person who possesses great material wealth.
62. (Scottish) A long dagger with a straight blade.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
65. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
66. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
67. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
1. A hollow muscular organ in the pelvic cavity of females.
2. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
5. Take in solid food.
6. The sound like water splashing.
7. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
8. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
9. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
10. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
20. English comedienne and mistress of Charles II (1650-1687).
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
25. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
26. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
28. Implement consisting of a small piece of cotton that is used to apply medication or cleanse a wound or obtain a specimen of a secretion.
30. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
32. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
34. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
35. The basic unit of money in Zaire.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
38. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
45. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
46. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
48. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
49. A local computer network for communication between computers.
50. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
51. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
52. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
54. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
55. At any time.
56. A notable achievement.
59. A rapid bustling commotion.
60. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.