1. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
4. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
10. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Any of various complex phenolic substances of plant origin.
15. A rapid bustling commotion.
16. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
18. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
19. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
21. Not only so, but.
22. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
23. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
24. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
27. A fixed number of lines of verse forming a unit of a poem.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
44. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
45. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
46. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
49. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
55. A member of a North American Indian people of southwestern Oregon.
58. United States neoclassical architect (1847-1909).
59. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
60. A port city in southwestern Iran.
63. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
64. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. (Babylonian) The sky god.
1. Full of zest or vigor.
2. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
3. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
4. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
5. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
6. Squash bugs.
7. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
8. A genus of Mustelidae.
9. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
10. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
11. The sixth month of the civil year.
12. Used of physical coldness.
17. A feudal lord or baron in Scotland.
20. A fraudulent business scheme.
25. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
26. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
28. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
29. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
30. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
31. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
32. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
38. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
42. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
43. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
47. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
48. A genus of Lamnidae.
50. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
51. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
52. A Loloish language.
53. Originally a stronghold captured by David (the 2nd king of the Israelites).
54. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
56. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
57. A master's degree in business.
61. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
62. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.