1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
5. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
10. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
13. An opening into or through something.
14. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
15. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
16. Jordan's port.
18. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
19. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
20. Italian painter and art historian (1511-1574).
22. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
24. An associate degree in nursing.
25. Top part of an apron.
34. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
37. Any plant of the genus Amorpha having odd-pinnate leaves and purplish spicate flowers.
39. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
40. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
42. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
43. Advanced in years.
44. French novelist.
46. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
49. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
54. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
56. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
59. South African term for `boss'.
60. Extremely pleasing.
61. Having a price assigned or having a price as specified.
63. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
64. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
65. The money risked on a gamble.
66. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
1. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
2. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in California.
3. By bad luck.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. Informal terms for a mother.
6. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
7. A period of time spent sleeping.
8. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
9. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
12. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
17. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
21. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
23. Seed vessel having hooks or prickles.
26. Being nine more than ninety.
27. God of wealth and love.
28. The center of an object.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
31. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
32. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
33. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
35. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
36. Used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son.
38. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
41. A loss of will power.
42. A period of time spent sleeping.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
47. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
48. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
50. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
51. A French abbot.
52. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
53. Related to or located at the back.
55. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
57. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
58. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
62. An honorary degree in science.