1. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
4. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
14. (neurology) Of or relating to the vagus nerve.
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
16. Similar to the striped mullet and takes its place in the Caribbean region.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
20. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
22. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
24. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
25. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
26. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
27. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
40. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. Derived from or containing calcium or lime.
43. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
46. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
50. The lowest molding of an architectural base or of a baseboard.
55. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
56. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
60. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
63. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
64. Jordan's port.
65. By bad luck.
1. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
2. The brightest star in Virgo.
3. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
4. The eleventh month of the civil year.
5. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
8. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
9. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
10. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
11. Common Indian weaverbird.
12. Type genus of the Anatidae.
17. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
29. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
30. Of or relating to near the ear.
31. A city in east central Texas.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
39. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
42. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
44. A state in northwestern North America.
45. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
47. A Muslim trained in the doctrine and law of Islam.
48. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
49. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
51. A branch of the Tai languages.
52. The food served and eaten at one time.
53. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
57. A light touch or stroke.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.