1. A unit of electrical resistance equal to the resistance between two points on a conductor when a potential difference of one volt between them produces a current of one ampere.
4. Small winged insect living on the bark and leaves of trees and feeding on e.g. fungi and decaying plant matter.
10. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
13. Seed of a pea plant.
14. Placed crosswise.
15. A master's degree in education.
16. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
17. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
19. A person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
21. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
22. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
30. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
32. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
34. Brought from wildness into a domesticated state.
38. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
40. Primitive predaceous North American fish covered with hard scales and having long jaws with needle-like teeth.
42. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
44. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
47. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
50. The month following July and preceding September.
52. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
53. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
54. Divulge information or secrets.
57. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
59. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
60. The closing section of a musical composition.
61. City in Sudan.
62. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Perceive sound.
3. The mother of Jesus.
4. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. A member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas.
7. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
8. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
9. An honorary degree in science.
10. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
11. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
12. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
18. A radioactive transuranic element.
20. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. A hunt in which beaters force the game to flee in the direction of the hunter.
28. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
29. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
31. French novelist.
33. The ending of a series or sequence.
35. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
36. Half the width of an em.
37. A doctor's degree in religion.
39. Genus of low-growing mat-forming New Zealand plants.
41. Perversely irritable.
42. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
43. Jordan's port.
44. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
45. Any plant of the genus Erica.
46. A car that is closed and that has front and rear seats and two or four doors.
48. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
49. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
51. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
55. The cry made by sheep.
56. Infectious disease caused by a species of chlamydia bacterium.
58. An associate degree in nursing.