1. Elegant and stylish.
5. In bed.
9. A Spanish river.
13. A small constellation in the northern hemisphere near Cygnus and Draco.
14. The serum or watery part of milk that is separated from the curd in making cheese.
15. Crowd or pack to capacity.
16. Using speech rather than writing.
17. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
18. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
21. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
23. (combining form) Former.
24. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
25. The superior of an abbey of monks.
28. An associate degree in applied science.
32. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
36. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
37. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
38. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
40. Singing jazz.
42. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
44. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
45. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
46. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
47. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
50. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
54. Either of a pair of ear coverings (usually connected by a headband) that are worn to keep the ears warm in cold weather.
58. Largest known toad species.
59. The sixth month of the civil year.
61. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
62. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
63. A small cake leavened with yeast.
64. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
1. At or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other.
2. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
3. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
4. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
5. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
6. God of wealth and love.
7. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
8. A language of Australian aborigines.
9. Enthusiastic approval.
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
11. Avatar of Vishnu.
12. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
20. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
22. (Greek mythology) The winged goddess of the dawn in ancient mythology.
26. The cry made by sheep.
27. God of death.
29. An upholstered seat for more than one person.
30. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
31. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
33. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. By bad luck.
39. A French abbot.
41. Covered with paving material.
43. Small genus of evergreen trees of tropical America and western Africa.
48. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
49. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
52. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
55. Extremely pleasing.
56. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
57. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
60. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.