1. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
5. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
9. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
13. Type genus of the Nepidae.
14. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
15. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
17. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
18. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
19. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
21. A person forced to flee from home or country.
23. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
24. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
26. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
32. A human limb.
34. A native of ancient Troy.
35. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
38. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
39. (informal) Exceptionally good.
41. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
43. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
47. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
53. Clean or orderly.
56. The month following February and preceding April.
58. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
59. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
60. Worthy of imitation.
61. By bad luck.
1. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
2. Having been read.
3. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
4. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
5. A resource.
6. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
9. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. A small cake leavened with yeast.
12. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
20. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
27. A low dam built across a stream to raise its level or divert its flow.
28. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
29. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
30. Willing to face danger.
31. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
33. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
37. Fail to agree with.
38. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
40. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
42. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
45. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
46. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
48. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
49. A circular segment of a curve.
50. The food served and eaten at one time.
51. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
52. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
54. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
55. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
57. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.