1. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
4. A mountainous republic of south-central Europe.
10. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
13. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
14. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
15. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
16. Webbing clothes moths.
18. A genus of Laridae.
20. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
22. A boy or man.
23. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
26. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
29. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
30. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
35. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A town in southwestern Idaho.
40. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
42. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
43. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
45. The agent to whom property involved in a bailment is delivered.
51. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
52. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
56. (informal) Of the highest quality.
57. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
58. A bachelor's degree in library science.
59. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
60. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
61. Opinion or judgment.
1. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
2. An elaborate song for solo voice.
3. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
6. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
7. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
8. Being one more than one.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
11. A plant fiber used for making rope.
12. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
17. At or constituting a border or edge.
19. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
21. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. That which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency.
27. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
28. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
33. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
34. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. God of wisdom or prophesy.
38. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
39. Web-footed diving seabirds of northern seas.
40. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
41. Garment consisting of sweat pants and a sweatshirt.
44. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
46. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
47. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
48. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
49. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
50. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
53. The fatty flesh of eel.
55. Make amends for.