1. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
4. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Appeal or request earnestly.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. A Hindu prince or king in India.
18. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
19. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
22. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
23. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
26. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
29. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
32. God of fire.
33. Before noon.
35. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
36. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. The cry made by sheep.
40. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
41. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
43. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
46. A motley assortment of things.
49. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
53. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
56. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
57. A quantity of no importance.
60. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
61. A narrow elongated opening or fissure between two symmetrical parts.
62. Small arboreal tropical American insectivorous lizards with the ability to change skin color.
64. (informal) Roused to anger.
65. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
66. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A three-tone Chadic language.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. Type genus of the Majidae.
4. Enlarged prostate.
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
6. Of or like a cecum.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A public promotion of some product or service.
9. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
10. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
11. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
12. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
17. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
25. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
27. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
28. Strike sharply.
30. An endorsement.
31. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
34. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
39. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. A light touch or stroke.
45. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
47. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
48. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
50. An elaborate song for solo voice.
51. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
52. Type genus of the Anatidae.
53. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
54. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
55. An informal term for a father.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
59. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.