1. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
4. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
10. Of southern Europe.
13. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
14. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
18. A Spanish river.
19. Tag the base runner to get him out.
20. Tibeto-Burman languages spoken in northernmost Burma and adjacent China and India.
22. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
24. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
26. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
27. A white trivalent metallic element.
29. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
31. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
37. A pseudoscientific forerunner of chemistry in medieval times.
39. An informal term for a father.
41. Fallow deer.
43. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
44. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
45. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
48. Small genus of mediterranean shrubs.
51. Lower in esteem.
55. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
57. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
58. Type genus of the Gavidae.
59. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
61. An informal conversation.
64. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
65. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
67. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
68. The cry made by sheep.
69. A small amount of liquor added to a food or beverage.
70. Having leadership guidance.
1. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
7. A castrated tomcat.
8. Register formally.
9. Gone by.
10. God of fire.
11. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
12. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
17. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
23. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
25. A Mid-Atlantic state.
28. A sudden very loud noise.
30. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
32. Towards the side away from the wind.
33. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
34. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
36. A European river.
38. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
40. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
42. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
43. A castrated tomcat.
46. A motley assortment of things.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
50. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
52. A means of serving.
53. A surface burn.
54. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
56. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
62. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
63. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).