1. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
4. A port city in southwestern Iran.
10. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
13. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
14. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
18. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
19. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
20. Not only so, but.
21. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
22. The act of escaping physically.
24. A state in northwestern North America.
26. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. Fruit with red or yellow or green skin and sweet to tart crisp whitish flesh.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
38. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. Pertaining to animals or animal life or action.
40. A genus of Laridae.
43. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
44. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
45. Having help.
47. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
51. An informal term for a father.
52. A large fleet.
55. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
59. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
60. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
63. A periodic paperback publication.
64. An upholstered seat for more than one person.
65. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
66. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
67. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
68. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
69. (informal) Roused to anger.
1. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
2. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
3. Type genus of the Amiidae.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
6. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
7. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
8. A French abbot.
9. The state that precedes vomiting.
10. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
11. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
12. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. Greek philosopher and astronomer (who predicted an eclipse in 585 BC) who was said by Aristotle to be the founder of physical science.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
30. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
31. (informal) Elegant and fashionable.
33. The cry made by sheep.
34. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
35. A digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder.
36. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
41. (informal) Of the highest quality.
42. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
46. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
48. A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention.
49. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
50. Glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
56. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
57. An informal term for a father.
58. Advanced in years.
61. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
62. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.