1. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
10. A federally chartered savings bank.
13. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
14. Of or relating to a creed.
15. (Irish) The sea personified.
16. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
18. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
19. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
24. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
26. The sixth month of the civil year.
29. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
34. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
36. A city in the Saxony region of Germany on the Saale River.
38. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
39. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A genus of Ploceidae.
44. Type genus of the Papaveraceae.
46. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
48. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
52. Personification of the sky or upper air breathed by the Olympians.
56. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
62. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
64. (computer science) Memory whose contents can be accessed and read but cannot be changed.
65. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
67. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
68. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
1. A republic on the western coast of Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
2. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
3. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
4. One millionth of a gram.
5. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
6. Hear or try a court case anew.
7. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
8. A bottle with a stopper.
9. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
10. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
11. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
17. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
21. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
27. An informal term for a father.
28. In bed.
30. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
31. Speaking a Slavic language.
32. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
33. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
35. The basic unit of money in Iran.
37. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
40. Sweet liqueur made from wine and brandy flavored with plum or peach or apricot kernels and bitter almonds.
41. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
45. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
47. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
50. Located at or near the back of an animal.
51. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
53. Not easy.
54. Very dark black.
55. Avatar of Vishnu.
57. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
58. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
59. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
60. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
63. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.