1. A fastener for a door or lid.
5. A slender double-reed instrument.
9. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
13. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
14. One-hundredth of a right angle.
15. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
16. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
17. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
18. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
19. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
22. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
25. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
27. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
32. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
35. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
47. The cry made by sheep.
50. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
54. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
56. A loose cloak with a hood.
58. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
59. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
61. Extremely pleasing.
62. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
63. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
4. A genus of Ploceidae.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
6. (informal) Exceptionally good.
7. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
8. A doctor's degree in education.
9. A mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high).
10. A fraudulent business scheme.
11. A beautiful and graceful girl.
12. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
20. Common Indian weaverbird.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
23. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
26. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
28. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
29. An informal term for a father.
30. A master's degree in business.
31. An informal term for a father.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
36. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
37. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
39. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
40. (informal) Exceptionally good.
42. 1 species.
44. Bearded reddish sheep of southern Asia.
45. Social status or position conferred by a system based on class.
46. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. Jordan's port.
52. Slightly open.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
55. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
56. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
57. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
60. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.