1. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
4. A member of a widespread group of Amerindians living in northeastern South America.
10. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
13. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
14. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
15. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
16. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
17. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
19. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
21. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
23. An informal term for a father.
25. A fraudulent business scheme.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
33. A card game for 2 players.
35. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
37. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
39. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
44. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
45. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
46. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
53. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
57. Being two more than fifty.
58. German iris having large white flowers with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
60. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
61. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
62. Type genus of the Anatidae.
1. Having relatively few calories.
2. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
3. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
5. Follower of Rastafarianism.
6. The sixth month of the civil year.
7. A thin coat of water-base paint.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Unknown god.
10. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
11. By bad luck.
12. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
20. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
22. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
24. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
26. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
27. The cry made by sheep.
28. Agitation resulting from active worry.
29. A state in the western United States.
30. Type genus of the Nepidae.
32. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
34. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. Minute freshwater crustacean having a round body enclosed in a transparent shell.
40. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
41. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
42. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
43. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
47. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
48. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
49. Imprudently incurring risk.
50. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
54. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
55. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
56. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.