1. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
4. (Greek mythology) A giant with 100 eyes.
9. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
13. An accidental happening.
14. (medical) Bleached cotton cloth of plain weave used for bandages and dressings.
15. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
16. How long something has existed.
17. Jordan's port.
18. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
19. A city in east central Texas.
21. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
23. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
24. An associate degree in nursing.
25. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
27. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
31. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
35. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
37. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
39. Type genus of the Gavidae.
40. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
41. That is to say.
42. Not functioning properly.
43. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
45. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
47. Lacking self-confidence.
48. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
50. South African term for `boss'.
52. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
56. A small cake leavened with yeast.
60. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
62. A Loloish language.
66. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
67. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
68. Verse in the meter used in Greek and Latin poetry consisting of strophes of 4 tetrametric lines.
70. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
71. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
72. An ancient Greek city famous for military prowess.
73. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
1. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
2. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
3. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. Marked by smartness in dress and manners.
6. Drought-tolerant herb grown for forage and for its seed which yield a gum used as a thickening agent or sizing material.
7. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
8. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. An Eskimo hut.
12. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
26. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. Common Old World thrush noted for its song.
30. Noisy talk.
32. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
33. United States film actress who appeared in films by D. W. Griffith (1896-1993).
34. Posing no difficulty.
36. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
44. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
48. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
53. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
55. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
56. A state in northwestern North America.
57. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
58. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
59. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
61. An associate degree in applied science.
63. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
64. A successful stroke in an athletic contest (especially in baseball).
65. Fiddler crabs.
69. A long-playing phonograph record.