1. (informal) Roused to anger.
4. A postulated biochemical change (presumably in neural tissue) that represents a memory.
10. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
13. Used of a single unit or thing.
14. A member of an Algonquian people who lived west of Lake Superior.
15. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
16. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
18. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
20. Someone who walks at a leisurely pace.
21. A name for the Old Testament God as transliterated from the Hebrew YHVH.
22. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
23. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
24. A master's degree in education.
31. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
34. The cry made by sheep.
35. A state of southwestern India.
36. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
37. A light touch or stroke.
39. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. British informal term.
44. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
45. Divulge information or secrets.
48. American novelist (1909-1955).
51. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
56. A genus of Ploceidae.
58. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
59. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
63. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
64. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. A woman of refinement.
2. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
3. A hat that is round and black and hard with a narrow brim.
4. From 40 million to 58 million years ago.
5. A Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic.
6. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
7. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
8. Distant in either space or time.
9. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
10. Speaking a Slavic language.
11. Decrease gradually or bit by bit.
12. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
17. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
19. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
25. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
27. The month following February and preceding April.
28. Largest known toad species.
29. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
30. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
32. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
33. Preferred above all others and treated with partiality.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
42. In bed.
46. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Any plant of the genus Erica.
49. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
50. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
52. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
53. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
54. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
55. A network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels.
57. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
61. A state in midwestern United States.
62. Being ten more than one hundred forty.