1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
5. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
10. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
13. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
14. Offering little or no hope.
15. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
16. Informal terms for clothing.
17. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
18. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
19. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
21. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
22. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
24. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
27. A Russian river.
29. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
33. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. The cry made by sheep.
40. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
42. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
45. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
49. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
52. Of or relating to or containing or derived from gold.
53. (Greek mythology) A maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers.
56. At surface level.
58. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
59. A door-like movable barrier in a fence or wall.
61. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
62. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
63. The capital of Belarus and of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
2. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
3. An award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event.
4. A medicated lozenge used to soothe the throat.
5. A master's degree in business.
6. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
7. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
8. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
9. Jordan's port.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. A large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property.
12. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
20. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
25. An associate degree in nursing.
26. Short and fat.
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
31. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
32. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. Informal terms for a mother.
38. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
39. An ancient (now obsolete) single-reed woodwind.
40. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
41. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
43. (slang) Merchandise that is shoddy or inferior.
44. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
46. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
47. Talk pompously.
48. (informal) Of the highest quality.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. By bad luck.
55. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
57. Being two more than fifty.
60. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.