1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
9. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
13. Dutch postimpressionist painter noted for his use of color (1853-1890).
14. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
15. Not in action or at work.
16. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
17. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
18. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
19. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
21. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. A decree that prohibits something.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. How long something has existed.
34. (informal) Exceptionally good.
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
38. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
40. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
43. A bachelor's degree in science.
45. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
46. Look forward to the probably occurrence of.
49. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
54. A town of Denmark in north central Jutland.
57. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
58. Used especially in treating bruises.
61. A master's degree in business.
62. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
63. The third month of the civil year.
64. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
65. A strong emotion.
66. Convert ordinary language into code.
67. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
2. A whetstone made of fine gritstone.
3. Highly excited.
4. God of wealth and love.
5. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
6. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
7. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
8. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
9. Offspring of a male tiger and a female lion.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
11. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
12. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
24. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
27. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
28. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
30. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
31. A loud harsh or strident noise.
32. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
33. The cry made by sheep.
35. True gudgeons.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
44. Thick plank forming a ridge along the side of a wooden ship.
47. A worker who wipes.
48. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
51. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
55. A facial expression characterized by turning up the corners of the mouth.
56. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
59. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
60. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.