1. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
4. A bachelor's degree in architecture.
10. Having leadership guidance.
13. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
14. Earnest or urgent request.
15. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
16. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
17. Female ruff v 1.
19. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
21. (New Testament) One of the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus.
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
24. A state in northwestern North America.
28. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
31. A small cake leavened with yeast.
33. Botfly larva.
35. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
36. A form of address for a man.
37. (informal) Of the highest quality.
38. A very light brown.
40. Avatar of Vishnu.
43. A Loloish language.
45. Athletic facility equipped for sports or physical training.
46. Sour or bitter in taste.
50. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
52. The vein in the center of a leaf.
54. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
58. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
59. Found along western Atlantic coast.
62. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
64. United States biochemist (born in Spain) who studied the biological synthesis of nucleic acids (born in 1905).
65. On or toward the lee.
66. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
67. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
2. Of or relating to or resembling an axis of rotation.
3. Made of fir or pine.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
5. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
6. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
7. Rate of revolution of a motor.
8. Of or like a cecum.
9. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
10. Australian moundbird.
11. Long-bodied long-tailed tropical American wildcat.
12. Dearly loved.
18. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
20. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
22. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates the adrenal cortex.
25. A governor of a province in ancient Persia.
26. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
27. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
29. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
30. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
39. Not equal in amount.
40. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
41. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
42. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
44. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
47. A roll of tobacco for smoking.
48. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
49. Wild ox.
50. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
51. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
53. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
55. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
60. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
61. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
62. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.