1. A body of poetry that conveys the traditions of a society by treating some epic theme.
5. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
13. An Egyptian descended from the ancient Egyptians.
14. Any of various small to minute sucking insects with narrow feathery wings if any.
15. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
16. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
17. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
19. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
21. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
23. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
25. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
27. A state in New England.
28. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
31. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
32. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
34. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. A member of the Algonquian people of southern Ontario.
42. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
43. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
44. So extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period.
49. A city in east central Texas.
53. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
58. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
60. A bachelor's degree in theology.
61. A port city in southwestern Iran.
63. Being one more than two.
64. A shape that sags.
65. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
66. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
1. (prefix) Outside or outer.
2. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
5. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
6. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
7. German dramatist and poet who developed a style of epic theater (1898-1956).
8. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
9. A unit of power equal to 746 watts.
10. The eighth month of the civil year.
11. Of greater importance or stature or rank.
12. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
18. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
20. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
22. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. Moderate or restrain.
30. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
33. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. Australian clover fern.
37. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
38. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
40. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
41. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
45. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
46. A local and well-defined elevation of the land.
47. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
50. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
51. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. Type genus of the Majidae.
55. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
57. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
59. A periodic paperback publication.
62. A public promotion of some product or service.