1. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
4. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
10. Having leadership guidance.
13. (informal) Of the highest quality.
14. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
15. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
16. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
18. Sweetened milk or cream mixed with eggs and usually alcoholic liquor.
19. The sixth month of the civil year.
20. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
22. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
23. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
26. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
27. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
28. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
31. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
33. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
34. 10 jiao equal 1 yuan.
35. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
41. Epithet of Siva.
43. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
44. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
48. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
52. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
56. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
57. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
58. At risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant.
59. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
62. Long and thin and often limp.
63. (Norse mythology) God of poetry and music.
65. Extremely pleasing.
66. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
67. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
68. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
69. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. The act of moving along swiftly (as before a gale).
3. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
4. Related by blood.
5. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
6. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
9. Of or relating to a nail or claw or hoof.
10. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
11. Become ground down or deteriorate.
12. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
17. A large fleet.
21. Short and fat.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
27. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
29. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
30. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
32. A state of southwestern India.
36. One who works hard at boring tasks.
37. The eleventh month of the civil year.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
42. Make one's home or live in.
45. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
46. A state in northwestern North America.
47. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Jordan's port.
53. The basic unit of money in Iran.
54. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
55. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. A master's degree in fine arts.
64. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.