1. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
4. Having two faces or fronts.
10. The act of hauling something (as a vehicle) by means of a hitch or rope.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. A genus of Indriidae.
18. A compound used as a fixing agent in photographic developing.
19. The basic unit of money in Albania.
20. A deep bow.
22. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
24. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
26. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
32. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
35. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
36. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. Small silvery schooling fishes with protrusible mouths found in warm coastal waters.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
44. 100 puls equal 1 afghani.
45. A Loloish language.
46. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
49. A fit of shivering.
51. Of or like a cecum.
55. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
59. Behave carelessly or indifferently.
60. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
61. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
64. A relative position or degree of value in a graded group.
65. The cry made by sheep.
66. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
67. A specific instance of feeling hopeful.
1. By bad luck.
2. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
3. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
4. Eurasian rose with prickly stems and fragrant leaves and bright pink flowers followed by scarlet hips.
5. A state in midwestern United States.
6. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary and stimulates growth of Graafian follicles in female mammals, and activates sperm-forming cells in male mammals.
7. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
8. A tight-fitting headdress.
9. Submerged freshwater perennials.
10. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
17. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
21. Informal terms for a mother.
23. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
25. A man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength.
27. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
28. (informal) Of very poor quality.
29. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
30. A very light brown.
31. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
34. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
38. 1 species.
40. A holy war by Muslims against unbelievers.
42. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
43. The month following July and preceding September.
47. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
48. The event of dying or departure from life.
50. Offering fun and gaiety.
52. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
53. A city in northwestern Syria.
54. A harp used by ancient Greeks for accompaniment.
56. Tag the base runner to get him out.
57. A young woman making her debut into society.
58. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
62. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
63. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.