1. (nautical, aeronautical) Situated at or toward the stern or tail.
4. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
9. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
13. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
14. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
15. (trademark) A type of inflatable air mattress.
16. Affected manners intended to impress others.
18. The products of human creativity.
20. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
23. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
24. A state in northwestern North America.
25. Wear away.
28. English monk and scholar (672-735).
31. German mathematician who created the Klein bottle (1849-1925).
34. Goddess of fate.
35. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
37. A republic in northeastern Europe on the Baltic Sea.
39. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
41. At right angles to the center line of a ship.
42. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
43. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
44. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
50. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
53. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
55. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
59. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. A plumbing fixture (usually attached to the wall) used by men to urinate.
62. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
63. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
64. A printed impression that is blurred or doubled.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
3. Someone new to a field or activity.
4. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
5. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
6. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
7. Take in solid food.
8. A Mid-Atlantic state.
9. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
10. The 11 southern states that seceded from the United States in 1861.
11. Humble request for help.
12. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A mental representation of some haunting experience.
21. Jordan's port.
22. A port city in northwestern France (in Brittany).
26. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
27. A figure of a person made of packed snow.
29. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
30. At or constituting a border or edge.
32. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
33. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
36. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
38. Tag the base runner to get him out.
40. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
45. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
46. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
47. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
51. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
52. In bed.
54. Offering fun and gaiety.
56. A preparation (usually made of sweetened chicle) for chewing.
57. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
58. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.