1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
5. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
9. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. In bed.
15. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
16. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
17. An event (or course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future.
18. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
19. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
21. A tumor of bone tissue.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
25. A port city in southwestern Iran.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. A state in midwestern United States.
32. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. A telegram sent abroad.
36. (Old Testament) The second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin.
39. Arboreal civet of Asia having a long prehensile tail and shaggy black hair.
41. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
43. A grant made by a law court.
46. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
51. The front limb of a quadruped.
52. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
53. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
54. A Hindu prince or king in India.
57. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
58. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
61. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
62. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
63. Be on one's guard.
64. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
4. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
5. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
8. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
9. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
11. Not to be placated or appeased or moved by entreaty.
12. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
20. Lower in esteem.
22. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
26. The cry made by sheep.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
30. Of flax, hemp, or jute, so as to promote loosening of the fibers form the woody tissue.
33. A French abbot.
35. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
37. A composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way.
38. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
40. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
44. An adult female person (as opposed to a man).
45. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
47. Having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another.
48. Type genus of the family Paridae.
49. Affect with wonder.
50. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
55. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
56. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
60. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.