1. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
9. A flat thin rectangular slab (as of fired clay or rubber or linoleum) used to cover surfaces.
13. A periodic paperback publication.
14. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
15. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
16. Black tropical American cuckoo.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
18. An informal term for a father.
19. Scottish geneticist (son of John Haldane) who contributed to the development of population genetics.
21. Issue an injunction.
22. Regional and archaic.
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. A crystal of snow.
27. (botany) Outer tissue of bark.
32. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
35. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
36. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
38. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
40. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
42. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
43. Earlier a god.
45. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
49. Of or relating to or measured in ohms.
52. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
55. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
57. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
58. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
59. English theologian whose objections to Roman Catholic doctrine anticipated the Protestant Reformation (1328-1384).
62. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
63. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
64. A large fleet.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
2. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
3. Moving quickly and lightly.
4. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
5. Complacently or inanely foolish.
6. Dressed or clothed especially in fine attire.
7. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
8. United States writer of satirical novels (1879-1958).
9. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
11. An ancient region on the coast of western Asia Minor.
12. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
20. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
25. The sixth month of the civil year.
26. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
28. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
29. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
30. 16 ounces.
31. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
33. Being one more than one.
34. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
37. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
39. Bringing death.
41. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
44. A neutral middle vowel.
45. Used of a single unit or thing.
46. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. A person who possesses great material wealth.
51. One thousandth of a second.
53. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
54. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
56. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
60. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
61. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.