1. 32nd President of the United States.
4. Discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of.
10. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
13. A toilet in England.
14. A liquid solution that results from elution.
15. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
16. Relating to or using sight.
18. Someone whose business is advertising.
20. Italian physiologist noted for his discovery that frogs' muscles contracted in an electric field (which led to the galvanic cell) (1737-1798).
22. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
23. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
24. French cabaret singer (1915-1963).
27. A port in southwestern Scotland.
28. A university town in east central Maine on the Penobscot River north of Bangor.
31. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
33. An Asian river.
35. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
38. Speaking a Slavic language.
39. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
40. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
42. A state in east central United States.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
49. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
52. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
57. A city in western Germany.
59. The eighth month of the civil year.
62. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
63. An informal term for a father.
64. The act of moving along swiftly (as before a gale).
65. Rounded like an egg.
66. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
67. Produced by a manufacturing process.
68. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Beat severely with a whip or rod.
2. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
3. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
4. A polygon with 10 sides and 10 angles.
5. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
6. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
7. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
8. A New England state.
9. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
10. A city in western India just off the coast of the Arabian Sea.
11. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
12. A person in desperate straits.
17. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
25. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
26. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
29. Have confidence or faith in.
30. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
32. An informal conversation.
34. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
36. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
42. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
44. (informal) Of the highest quality.
45. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Any plant of the genus Inula.
53. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
54. A quantity of no importance.
56. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
58. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
59. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
60. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
61. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.