1. A constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near Octans.
5. Blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly.
12. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
15. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
16. Loud and clear.
17. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
18. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
19. Any of various plants of the genus Senna having pinnately compound leaves and showy usually yellow flowers.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
22. 16 ounces.
24. Bound by chains fastened around the ankles.
26. Leather with a napped surface.
27. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
31. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
35. United States Protestant theologian (1892-1971).
38. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
41. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
42. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
45. Unhappy in love.
46. See, as with attention.
48. On or toward the lee.
50. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
51. A native or inhabitant of Iran.
52. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
54. A district in southwestern Manhattan noted for its shops and restaurants and galleries and artist's lofts.
58. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
62. Establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts.
69. South African term for `boss'.
70. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
73. English novelist.
74. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
77. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
78. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
79. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
80. Standard temperature and pressure.
1. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
4. Consent reluctantly.
5. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
6. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
7. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
8. (of tempo) Very fast adv 1.
9. An ignorant or foolish person.
10. 1 species.
11. Order by virtue of superior authority.
12. A young horse.
13. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
14. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
23. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
25. An Arab country on the peninsula of Qatar.
29. Informal terms for money.
32. A temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to.
33. An oral cephalosporin (trade names Keflex and Keflin and Keftab) commonly prescribe for mild to moderately severe infections of the skin or ears or throat or lungs or urinary tract.
34. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
36. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
37. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
39. In bed.
40. A state in New England.
43. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
44. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
47. Genus of European subshrubs or herbs having pink or purple or yellow solitary or clustered flowers.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
53. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
55. A large fleet.
56. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
57. Basic principles of the cosmos.
59. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
60. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. Having made preparations.
64. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
65. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
66. An onerous or difficult concern.
67. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
68. A sharp high-pitched cry (especially by a dog).
71. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
72. Distant but within sight.
75. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
76. A state in New England.