1. In bed.
5. Make a clean breast of.
12. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
15. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
16. Coextensive with the family Oleaceae.
17. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
18. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
19. United States painter known for his society portraits (1856-1925).
20. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
21. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
23. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
26. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
28. Double star 15.7 light years from Earth.
34. North African muishond.
37. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
39. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
40. Water frozen in the solid state.
43. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
44. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.
46. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.
47. Of the color of black ink.
49. Tag the base runner to get him out.
50. A night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep.
52. A New England state.
53. The month following September and preceding November.
55. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
58. A grant made by a law court.
61. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
63. The face veil worn by Muslim women.
65. An iron with considerable loft.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. American novelist noted for children's books (1832-1888).
74. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
75. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
79. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
80. Genus of tropical American timber trees.
81. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
1. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
4. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
5. (Judaism) Conforming to dietary laws.
6. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
7. Emperor of Rome who introduced a degree of freedom after the repressive reign of Domitian.
8. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
9. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
10. A mountain in south central Alaska.
11. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
12. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
13. Using speech rather than writing.
14. An informal term for a father.
22. Husband of Elizabeth II of Great Britain (born 1921).
24. A woman of refinement.
25. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
27. A state in midwestern United States.
29. Pods constricted between seeds and breaking apart when ripe into one-seed segments.
30. A line or route along which something travels or moves.
31. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
32. One who suffers for the sake of principle.
33. A person who is being chased.
35. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
36. A device (trade name Aqua-Lung) that lets divers breathe under water.
38. (Greek mythology) A princess of Colchis who aided Jason in taking the Golden Fleece from her father.
41. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
42. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
45. The sum of the internal energy of a system and the product of its volume and pressure.
48. The 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
51. Think moodily or anxiously about something.
54. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
56. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
57. (Hinduism or Buddhism) A sacred word or syllable repeated in prayer or meditation.
59. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
60. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
62. A state in New England.
64. American novelist (1909-1955).
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
67. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
68. Any small compartment.
69. Informal terms for money.
72. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
73. Being one more than nine.
77. That is to say.