1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
12. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
17. A unit of pain intensity.
18. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
20. Small dark geese that breed in the north and migrate southward.
21. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
22. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
23. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
29. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
32. Wearing or provided with clothing.
34. Acting like a clown or buffoon.
36. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
39. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
40. Learns from a tutor.
41. Lower in esteem.
42. A brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes.
45. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
47. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
48. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
49. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
53. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
54. Unknown god.
56. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
60. Suggestive of the supernatural.
61. African antelope with ridged curved horns.
64. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
66. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
67. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
71. The act of escaping physically.
73. A person who loves or is loved.
75. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
76. The residue that remains when something is burned.
77. Someone who performs magic tricks to amuse an audience.
79. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
80. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
81. In a surreptitious manner.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
2. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
3. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
7. Resembling an umbel in form.
8. Small fatty fish usually canned.
9. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
10. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
11. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
12. The capital and largest city of Japan.
13. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
14. Loose or flaccid body fat.
19. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Orudis or Orudis KT or Oruvail).
24. Divulge information or secrets.
27. The process of taking food into the body through the mouth (as by eating).
28. A resentment strong enough to justify retaliation.
30. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
31. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
35. Kenyan statesman and the first president of independent Kenya (1893-1978).
37. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
38. (of a shore or shoreline) Having an extensive gently sloping area covered with sand or gravel or shingle down to the water line.
43. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. German philosopher whose three stage process of dialectical reasoning was adopted by Karl Marx (1770-1831).
46. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
50. Weedy Eurasian plant often a pest in grain fields.
51. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
52. English philologist (1835-1912).
55. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
57. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
58. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
59. North American bluebirds.
62. A young woman.
63. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
65. Abounding in or covered with ferns.
68. Made of fir or pine.
69. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
70. God of love and erotic desire.
72. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
74. Being one more than six.
78. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.