1. By bad luck.
5. Failure of some tissue or organ to develop.
12. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
15. A milkshake made with malt powder.
16. Wet with secreted or exuded moisture such as sweat or blood or tears.
17. The sign language used in the United States.
18. Any of various common orange trees yielding sour or bitter fruit.
20. Ancient city is southeastern Italy where Hannibal defeated the Romans in 216 BC.
21. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
23. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. A theatrical performer.
27. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
29. One of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects.
32. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
39. Cause to become awake or conscious.
43. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
44. Filled with a great quantity.
47. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.
48. Jordan's port.
49. Person who does no work.
52. Type genus of the Ranidae.
55. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
56. Extremely pleasing.
57. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
64. Type genus of the Gavidae.
68. An implement consisting of handle with a free swinging stick at the end.
69. Flat-topped or convex inflorescence in which the individual flower stalks grow upward from various points on the main stem to approximately the same height.
71. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
72. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
73. Climbing garden plant having fragrant pastel-colored flowers.
75. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
76. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
77. Projection that extends beyond or hangs over something else v 1.
78. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
1. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
2. The habitation of wild animals.
3. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
4. Deliberately arranged for effect.
5. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
6. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
7. Towards the side away from the wind.
8. A state in northwestern North America.
9. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
10. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
11. Kauri pine.
12. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
13. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
14. Free from dirt or impurities.
19. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
22. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
25. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
26. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
28. Slightly open.
30. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
31. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
33. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
35. The battle in 1806 in which Napoleon decisively defeated the Prussians.
36. Closed with a lace.
37. A group of southern Bantu languages.
38. Open to or abounding in fresh air.
40. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
42. Cry weakly or softly.
45. A divorced woman or a woman who is separated from her husband.
46. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
53. Being one more than two.
54. A motley assortment of things.
58. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
59. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
60. In addition.
61. Someone who leaves.
62. Goddess of fate.
63. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
65. Characteristic of false pride.
66. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
67. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
70. The force of workers available.
74. A state in east central United States.