1. Cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle.
4. A disk of cartilage that serves as a cushion between the ends of bones that meet at a point.
12. A boy or man.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. Joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success.
17. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
18. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
19. Any plant of the genus Ammobium having yellow flowers and silvery foliage.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
21. A final crushing defeat.
24. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
26. In a resentful manner.
28. A small shelter for domestic animals (as sheep or pigeons).
31. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
32. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
33. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
37. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
38. Having a long narrow cut.
40. A male servant (especially a footman).
42. A kind of pain.
44. The act of scanning.
46. Sports equipment that is worn on the feet to enable the wearer to glide along on wheels and to be propelled by the alternate actions of the legs.
47. A port in southwestern Scotland.
48. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
50. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
52. (informal) Of very poor quality.
53. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
55. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
57. A state in northwestern North America.
58. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
61. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
62. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
64. A decree that prohibits something.
65. A public promotion of some product or service.
67. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
70. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
75. A resource.
76. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
79. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
80. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
81. Russian composer of orchestral and piano music (1872-1915).
82. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
83. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
84. A waterway that feeds water to a mill or water wheel or turbine.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Flat tableland with steep edges.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
4. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
5. (combining form) Former.
6. The social event at which the ceremony of marriage is performed.
7. Being nine more than forty.
8. The beginning of anything.
9. A garment made of camlet fabric.
10. Without moral standards or principles.
11. A simple seat without a back or arms.
12. Being three more than fifty.
13. Largest known toad species.
14. Fallow deer.
22. A bachelor's degree in library science.
23. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
25. Having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions.
27. Noisy talk.
29. A member of the nomadic Ugrian people living in northwestern Siberia (east of the Ural mountains).
30. Coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position.
34. Jordan's port.
35. Document giving the tax collector information about the taxpayer's tax liability.
36. Septicemia caused by pus-forming bacteria released from an abscess.
39. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
41. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
43. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
45. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
49. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
51. Of or relating to the head.
54. Type genus of the Anatidae.
56. A fraudulent business scheme.
59. (Hinduism or Buddhism) A sacred word or syllable repeated in prayer or meditation.
60. Not paid.
63. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
66. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
68. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
69. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
71. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
72. Mentally healthy.
73. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
74. God of love and erotic desire.
77. (informal) Of the highest quality.
78. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.