1. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
4. Of an organism's environment.
12. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
15. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
16. The act of making something clean.
17. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
18. A form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature.
20. (especially of promises or contracts) Not violated or disregarded.
22. Filled with a great quantity.
24. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
26. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
27. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
29. Thin and fit.
32. Treated with contempt.
33. A fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval).
37. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
40. Given to avoiding association with others.
44. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
45. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
48. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
51. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
53. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. A fabric with prominent rounded crosswise ribs.
57. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
59. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
61. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
63. German states who as chancellor of West Germany worked to reduce tensions with eastern Europe (1913-1992).
65. Any wingless blood-sucking parasitic insect noted for ability to leap.
68. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
71. An incorrect deal.
73. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
75. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
76. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
79. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
80. Outer space as viewed from the earth.
81. Medium tall celery pine of New Zealand.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
5. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
6. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
7. A person who lacks good judgment.
8. Constituting the undiminished entirety.
9. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
10. Having removed clothing.
11. 1/1000 gram.
12. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
13. A small cake leavened with yeast.
14. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
19. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
21. A native or inhabitant of Afghanistan.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
25. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
28. Octavian and Mark Antony defeated Brutus and Cassius in 42 BC.
30. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
31. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
34. Chief god of the Rig-Veda.
35. Used of locations.
36. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
41. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
42. An informal term for a father.
43. Belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. A telegram sent abroad.
50. A name given to a product or service.
52. British physicist (born in Hungary) noted for his work on holography (1900-1979).
55. First in order of birth.
56. The basic unit of money in Macao.
58. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
60. Improperly forward or bold.
62. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
64. Building that contains a surface for ice skating or roller skating.
66. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
67. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
69. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
70. God of love and erotic desire.
72. A local computer network for communication between computers.
74. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
77. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
78. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.