1. A vigorous blow.
5. Having a debilitating effect.
12. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
15. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. Of or relating to avionics.
17. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
18. A telephone connection.
19. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
20. A grant made by a law court.
22. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
23. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
24. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
26. An elaborate song for solo voice.
27. Not only so, but.
29. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
31. Of the most contemptible kind.
33. Founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910).
34. A pointed instrument used to prod into motion.
35. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. Large shrimp sauteed in oil or butter and garlic.
45. Steal goods.
47. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
48. The sign language used in the United States.
49. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
50. Lower in esteem.
54. (British) Your grandmother.
55. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
57. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
58. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
60. An honorary degree in science.
61. An informal term for a father.
62. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
65. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
70. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
74. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
76. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
78. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
79. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
80. A deliberate act of destruction or disruption in which equipment is damaged.
82. Take in solid food.
83. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
84. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
85. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
1. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
2. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
3. Spicy sauce of tomatoes and onions and chili peppers to accompany Mexican foods.
4. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
5. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
6. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
7. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
8. Slender freshwater fishes of Eurasia and Africa resembling catfishes.
9. Of the color of black ink.
10. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
11. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
12. Thin and fit.
13. Expressing deep personal emotion.
14. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
21. Polish filmmaker (born in 1929).
25. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
28. An upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling).
30. Of or relating to syllables.
32. Related to or located at the back.
36. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
37. Wife of Balder.
39. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
42. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
43. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
44. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
46. At or constituting a border or edge.
51. Of or relating to the stars or constellations.
52. At a previous time.
53. Mix up or confuse.
56. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
59. Having been read.
63. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
64. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
66. (Old Testament) The first king of the Israelites who defended Israel against many enemies (especially the Philistines).
67. American novelist (1909-1955).
68. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
69. Very dark black.
71. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
72. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
73. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
75. A light touch or stroke.
77. How long something has existed.
81. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.