1. A bachelor's degree in library science.
5. The application of very thin coat of color over the surface of a picture.
12. A tumor virus transmitted by leafhoppers.
15. Ditch dug as a fortification and usually filled with water.
16. The spirit of evil in Zoroastrianism.
17. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. A province in north-central China.
20. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
22. Send out rays or waves.
24. A learned person (especially in the humanities).
26. Someone with the power to settle matters at will.
29. In a hearty manner.
30. A doctor's degree in music.
32. A B vitamin that is essential for metabolism of amino acids and starch.
34. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
36. An effortful attempt to attain a goal.
40. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
43. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
44. A strong positive emotion of regard and affection.
45. A fraudulent business scheme.
46. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
48. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
50. A mountainous province of central Sudan.
51. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
53. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
54. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. (Brit) An area of open or forested country.
58. A race run on foot.
63. Dutch physicist honored for his research on the influence of magnetism on radiation which showed that light is radiated by the motion of charged particles in an atom (1865-1943).
67. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
68. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
71. A farm where dairy products are produced.
72. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
73. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
75. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
76. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
77. The mother of your father or mother.
78. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
1. An Asian river between China and Russia.
2. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
3. Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968).
4. A way of access consisting of a set of steps.
5. The female or generative principle.
6. Of or relating to chaetae (setae or bristles).
7. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
8. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
9. A bachelor's degree in music.
10. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
11. Restrain or bind with chains.
12. Overcome, as with emotions or perceptual stimuli.
13. Employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words.
14. Tawny brown North American thrush noted for its song.
21. Shrub or small tree of southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico having spirally twisted pods.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A steep-walled semicircular basin in a mountain.
27. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
28. A statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief.
31. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
33. Minced cooked meat or fish coated in egg and breadcrumbs and fried in deep fat.
35. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
37. A system of solmization using the solfa syllables.
38. Of or relating to the uvea of the eye.
39. Any of various plants of the genus Senna having pinnately compound leaves and showy usually yellow flowers.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
47. (of eggs) No longer edible.
49. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
52. A volcanic island (part of Campania) in the Tyrrhenian Sea at the north end of the Bay of Naples.
56. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
57. The event of dying or departure from life.
59. Using speech rather than writing.
60. A slender double-reed instrument.
61. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
62. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
64. New Zealand conifer.
65. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
66. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
69. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
70. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
74. A state in midwestern United States.