1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. An Italian liqueur made with elderberries and flavored with licorice.
12. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
15. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
16. Large brightly crested bird of Africa.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
19. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
20. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
21. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
22. Being nine more than ninety.
24. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
26. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
30. A small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle).
33. Located in or toward the back or rear.
34. A Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Christ.
38. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
39. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
40. Bearing numerous leaves.
41. Widely distributed lichens usually having a grayish or yellow pendulous freely branched thallus.
42. Resist or confront with resistance.
44. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
45. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
46. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
48. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
49. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
51. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
55. A student in medical school.
57. Willing to be taught or led or supervised or directed.
58. American filmmaker and comic actor (1935- ).
61. A Mid-Atlantic state.
63. An informal term for a father.
64. The boarding that surrounds an ice hockey rink.
71. A branch of the Tai languages.
72. Of or relating to a creed.
75. (informal) Roused to anger.
76. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
77. A public toilet in a military area.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. A three-tone Chadic language.
80. A festival featuring African-American culture.
81. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
1. Type genus of the Anatidae.
2. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
3. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
4. A war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy.
5. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
6. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
7. A form of address for a married woman.
8. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
9. Fiddler crabs.
10. (of roads) Made of logs laid down crosswise.
11. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
12. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
13. Speaking a Slavic language.
14. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. Of or relating to or caused by a toxin or poison.
27. Muslim name for God.
28. Be iridescent.
29. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
31. Swiss writer (born in Germany) whose novels and poems express his interests in Eastern spiritual values (1877-1962).
32. Located inward.
35. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
36. Absolve or pardon.
37. withdraw from an organization or communion.
43. (prefix) Within.
47. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
50. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
52. A public promotion of some product or service.
53. A genus of the cactus family with scarlet flowers.
54. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
56. Either extremity of something that has length.
59. Small magnifying glass (usually set in an eyepiece) used by jewelers and horologists.
60. Single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance.
62. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
65. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
66. Small slender gull having narrow wings and a forked tail.
67. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
68. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
69. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
70. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
73. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
74. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.