1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Someone who takes care of a garden.
12. Inquire about.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
17. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
18. Soviet gymnast (born in 1955).
20. A British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 1/60th fluid dram or 0.059194 cubic centimeters.
21. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
22. Attribute to a source or cause.
23. In a ceremonial manner.
25. Someone who drives racing cars at high speeds.
28. English monk and scholar (672-735).
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
30. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
33. A state in New England.
34. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
36. Type genus of the Gavidae.
37. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
40. A local and well-defined elevation of the land.
43. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
46. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
47. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
49. That which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency.
51. The products of human creativity.
52. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
57. A set of tags and rules (conforming to SGML) for using them in developing hypertext documents.
60. Marked by artful prudence, expedience, and shrewdness.
64. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
66. United States designer noted for an innovative series of chairs (1907-1978).
69. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
70. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
72. A deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks.
74. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
76. A dyed fabric.
78. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
80. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
82. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
83. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
84. Unwisely talking too much.
85. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
1. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
2. A formal dance held for a school class toward the end of the academic year.
3. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
4. Founder of Buddhism.
5. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
6. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
7. Lacking in light.
8. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
9. (Sumerian and Babylonian) A solar deity.
10. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
11. The herd of horses from which those to be used the next day are chosen.
12. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
13. Showing deterioration from age.
14. African mahogany trees.
19. (Mexico) A flour tortilla folded around a filling.
24. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
26. Capital of Armenia.
27. A ribbon used as a decoration.
31. Productive work (especially physical work done for wages).
32. Prevent the occurrence of.
35. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
38. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
39. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
41. A speech defect that involves pronouncing s like voiceless th and z like voiced th.
42. (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) Quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree.
44. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
45. The eleventh month of the Hindu calendar.
48. An informal conversation.
50. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
55. (biology) Covered with hairs especially fine soft ones.
56. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
58. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
59. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
61. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
62. Of or relating to or affecting a lobe.
63. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
65. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
67. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
68. Spicy sauce of tomatoes and onions and chili peppers to accompany Mexican foods.
71. A Hindu prince or king in India.
73. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
77. The bill in a restaurant.
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
81. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.