1. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
4. United States evangelist (born 1918).
11. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
17. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
18. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
19. (used pejoratively) Out of fashion.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
25. A port in southwestern Scotland.
26. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
27. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
29. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
33. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
35. An informal term for a father.
39. A state in the eastern United States.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
45. In addition.
47. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
49. (Judaism) Not conforming to dietary laws.
50. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
51. Of or relating to near the ear.
53. Medium-sized tubular pasta in short pieces.
54. A nitrogen-containing base found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine.
57. A catch for locking a door.
59. (Roman Catholic) A greeting signifying Christian love for those assisting at the Eucharist.
60. The slender arch formed by the temporal process of the cheekbone that bridges to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone.
63. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
65. A member of the Wakashan people living on Vancouver Island and in the Cape Flattery region of northwestern Washington.
69. A prophet of the first century.
72. A genetically engineered anti-TNF compound (trade name Enbrel) consisting of receptors that bind TNF.
73. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
74. Of or relating to a hair.
77. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
78. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
79. A woman's shoe with a very high thick sole.
81. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
82. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
83. A belligerent grouch.
84. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Traveling by foot.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
4. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
5. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
6. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
7. A doctor's degree in education.
8. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
9. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
10. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A friendly nation.
14. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
20. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
22. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
31. Any of various stocky heavy-coated breeds of dogs native to northern regions having pointed muzzles and erect ears with a curled furry tail.
34. An ancient country in Asia on the Caspian Sea.
36. (nautical) Of an anchor.
37. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
38. A linguistic element added to a word to produce an inflected or derived form v 1.
40. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
42. Enthusiastic approval.
44. Earlier in time.
46. The scum formed by oxidation at the surface of molten metals.
48. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
52. Forced to turn and face attackers.
55. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
56. Challenge the honesty or credibility of.
58. An unstable meson produced as the result of a high-energy particle collision.
61. (printing) A short line at the end of the main strokes of a character.
62. Rub elbows with.
64. Put in a new, usually larger, pot, as of a plant that has grown.
66. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
70. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
71. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
75. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
76. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
80. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.