1. By bad luck.
5. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
12. Not reflecting light.
15. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. Narrow and long and pointed.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. Away from the mouth or oral region.
20. One of the elements that collectively form a system of numbers.
21. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
22. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
23. Any high mountain.
25. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
26. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
31. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
35. Causing fear or dread or terror.
38. Someone who operates an aircraft.
41. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
42. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
43. Unknown god.
44. The largest island of the central Ryukyu Islands.
45. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
48. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
49. Contemptuous name for a Black man who is abjectly servile and deferential to Whites.
51. Singing jazz.
52. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
55. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
57. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
58. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
60. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
62. Surround so as to force to give up.
70. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
71. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
74. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
75. Ratio of the opposite side to the hypotenuse.
76. Proboscis monkeys.
77. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
78. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
79. Photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication.
80. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
2. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
3. The address where a person lives.
4. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
5. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
8. A male religious of an order of mendicant preachers of the gospel.
9. Any of various large keen-sighted diurnal birds of prey noted for their broad wings and strong soaring flight.
10. Supporting stalk or stemlike structure especially of a pistil or fern frond or supporting a mushroom cap.
11. Vietnamese New Year.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
24. (in Scotland or Ireland) A mountain or tall hill.
27. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
28. Any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles.
29. A Hindu prince or king in India.
30. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
32. A quick look.
33. An officer of the law.
34. A card game for 2 players.
36. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
37. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
39. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
40. Jordan's port.
46. The present occasion.
47. The dull explosive noise made by an engine.
50. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
53. A worker who attaches something by nailing it.
54. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
56. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
59. Bar temporarily.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
63. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
64. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
65. One thousand grams.
66. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
67. God of love and erotic desire.
68. Not easy.
69. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
72. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
73. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.