1. South African term for `boss'.
5. A woman's dress style that imitates the caftan cloaks worn by men in the Near East.
11. A writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry).
15. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
16. A short sleep (usually not in bed).
17. The capital and largest city of Norway.
18. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
19. A mark to indicate a direction or relation.
20. An account describing incidents or events.
21. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
23. Bandicoot rats.
25. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
27. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
28. Resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. The fatty flesh of eel.
35. Spring-loaded doorlock that can only be opened from the outside with a key.
38. A sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow.
40. A state in northwestern North America.
42. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
43. Being or of the nature of an ovule.
48. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
49. West Indian timber tree having very hard wood.
51. Not in action or at work.
52. A public promotion of some product or service.
53. To a small degree or extent.
58. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
60. Too ripe.
62. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
65. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
66. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
69. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
70. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
72. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
73. A rapid bustling commotion.
74. A general anesthetic (not a barbiturate) that is administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
4. A deep bow.
5. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
6. A collection of excerpts from a literary work.
7. The deck between the bridge and the forecastle.
8. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
9. Not restricted to any particular zone or region.
10. The post at the top or bottom of a flight of stairs.
11. A river in the east central United States.
12. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
13. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
14. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
22. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
24. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
26. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
29. Turn up, loosen, or remove earth.
30. Using the voice.
32. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
33. Covered with beads of liquid.
36. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
37. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
39. United States jazz musician who influenced the style of Louis Armstrong (1885-1938).
41. Little known Kamarupan languages.
44. Extinct dodos and solitaires.
45. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
46. Informal terms for money.
47. Preliminary drawing for later elaboration.
50. United States minimalist painter (born in 1936).
54. Rounded like an egg.
55. Electric underground railway.
56. Dried seaweed especially that cast ashore.
57. Remote and separate physically or socially.
59. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
61. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
63. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
64. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
67. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
68. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
71. An associate degree in nursing.