1. Botfly larva.
4. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
12. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. Surrounding like a crown (especially of the blood vessels surrounding the heart).
17. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
18. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
20. A person who rises (especially from bed).
21. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
23. Temporary military shelter.
25. Relating to or caused by or afflicted with sciatica.
27. Attractiveness to the opposite sex.
28. A slight amount or degree of difference.
29. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
32. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
35. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
42. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
43. A doctor's degree in music.
44. Greek lyric poet remembered for his odes (518?-438? BC).
45. Having a long narrow cut.
46. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
48. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
50. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
51. Small translucent lancet-shaped burrowing marine animal.
55. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
57. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
58. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
60. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
61. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
63. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
65. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
68. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
69. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
73. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
76. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
78. Take in solid food.
79. (Brit) One who sells goods on the installment plan.
82. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
83. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
84. (of insects) Without wings.
85. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
1. South African term for `boss'.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. A three-tone Chadic language.
4. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
5. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
6. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
7. In or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line.
8. Black tropical American cuckoo.
9. A girl or young woman who is unmarried.
10. Upright in position or posture.
11. An Asian republic in the Middle East at the east end of the Mediterranean.
12. Cry plaintively.
13. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
14. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
19. Away from the mouth or oral region.
24. Cause to become alive again.
26. American Revolutionary patriot.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of feudalism.
31. Not in a specified place physically or mentally.
33. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
34. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
36. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
37. Of or in or relating to the nose.
38. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
41. (informal) Exceptionally good.
47. A notable achievement.
49. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
52. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
53. A boy or man.
54. (of goods or funds) Subject to taxation.
56. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
59. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
62. Departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal.
64. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
66. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
67. A United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
70. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
71. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
72. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
74. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
75. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
77. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
80. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
81. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.