1. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
4. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
11. A book of the New Testament.
15. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
16. An infective disease caused by sporozoan parasites that are transmitted through the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito.
17. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
18. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
19. Growing a crystal layer of one mineral on the crystal base of another mineral in such a manner that its crystalline orientation is the same as that of the substrate.
20. Lacking excess flesh.
21. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
23. A container.
24. Inability to walk.
25. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
26. A branch of the Indo-Iranian family of languages.
28. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
29. At full speed.
32. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
34. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
37. An associate degree in nursing.
40. Large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox.
41. Toward the mouth or oral region.
43. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
45. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
49. A public promotion of some product or service.
50. Any of various plants of the genus Scabiosa.
52. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
54. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
56. (slang) A batch of things that go together.
59. A light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt.
60. Small short-eared burrowing mammal of rocky uplands of Asia and western North America.
63. Annul by recalling or rescinding.
67. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
68. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
69. (informal) Of the highest quality.
70. Australian annual sometimes cultivated for its racemes of purple flowers and edible yellow egg-shaped fruit.
73. A master's degree in business.
74. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
75. (of linens or clothes) Not ironed.
76. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
77. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
78. A spread consisting of capers and black olives and anchovies made into a puree with olive oil.
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
5. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
6. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
7. Related to or derived from the people or culture of Spain.
8. The father of your father or mother.
9. Wood duck and mandarin duck.
10. Small genus of delicate mossy bog plants having white or violet flowers.
11. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
12. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
13. A distinguishing feature of one's personal nature.
14. A mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high).
22. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
27. An electrically charged particle.
30. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
31. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
33. A solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk.
35. Made from baking chocolate or cocoa powder and milk and sugar.
36. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
38. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. Cause to be embarrassed.
44. Consider or hold as true.
46. The front part of the head or skull (including the forehead).
47. Type genus of the Ochotonidae.
48. Treated with excessive indulgence.
51. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
53. A genus of Stromateidae.
57. A negotiable certificate that can be detached and redeemed as needed.
58. A person who makes deceitful pretenses.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
64. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
65. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
66. Flowing in drops.
71. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
72. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.