1. Make secure by lashing.
5. Slang for `drunk'.
12. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
15. Containing an unusual amount of grease or oil.
16. A large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it.
17. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
18. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
19. Enclose in a bower.
20. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
21. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
23. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
24. A grant made by a law court.
26. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
28. A wave on the surface of a lake or landlocked bay.
30. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
34. Any of several shrubs of the genus Elaeagnus having silver-white twigs and yellow flowers followed by olivelike fruits.
39. Australian clover fern.
42. A kingbird that breeds in the southeastern United States and winters in tropical America.
44. Being or having light colored skin and hair and usually blue or gray eyes.
45. The eleventh month of the civil year.
46. Hybrid between grapefruit and mandarin orange.
47. An (apparently) flying object whose nature is unknown.
48. Soviet geneticist whose adherence to Lamarck's theory of evolution was favored by Stalin (1898-1976).
50. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
53. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
55. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
56. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
58. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
59. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
60. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
62. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
64. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
70. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
73. A deficiency of red blood cells.
74. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
75. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
78. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
79. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
80. A festival featuring African-American culture.
81. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
1. United States Film actress and daughter of Henry Fonda (born in 1937).
2. The basic unit of money in Saudi Arabia.
3. A character set that includes letters.
4. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
5. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
6. A rye bread made with molasses or brown sugar.
7. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
8. A person's partner in marriage.
9. Someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals).
10. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
11. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
12. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
13. Located in or toward the back or rear.
14. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
27. Pertaining to or resembling or functioning as a bract.
29. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
31. Canadian literary critic interested in the use of myth and symbolism (1912-1991).
32. An informal conversation.
33. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
35. A charge imposed and collected.
36. The largest city of China.
37. A form of Japanese poetry.
38. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
40. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
41. Sorghums of dry regions of Asia and North Africa.
43. Any of several crested Old World birds with a slender down-curving bill.
49. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
51. The capital and largest city of Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
52. A gliding joint between the distal ends of the tibia and fibula and the proximal end of the talus.
54. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
57. Of a pale purple color.
61. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
63. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
65. Related to or located at the back.
66. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
67. Expel, as of gases and odors.
68. A title of address formerly used for a man of rank and authority.
69. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
71. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
72. The sound made by corvine birds.
76. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
77. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.