1. A female person who has the same parents as another person.
4. Any sea anemone or related animal.
12. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
15. The compass point midway between west and northwest.
16. The part of a wharf that is next to a ship.
17. A strong emotion.
18. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
20. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
21. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
23. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
25. A city in west central Washington on an arm of Puget Sound south of Seattle.
26. Occupied or in the control of.
27. Oldest known reptiles.
30. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
31. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
34. Excluded from use or mention.
37. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
38. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
39. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
41. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
44. A unit of astronomical length based on the distance from Earth at which stellar parallax is 1 second of arc.
47. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
48. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
49. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
50. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
52. An island in the Indian Ocean off the east coast of Africa.
55. An agent capable of activating specific genes.
57. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
58. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
59. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. A mystical or allegorical interpretation (especially of Scripture).
69. An archaic term for a boundary.
72. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
73. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
74. Put into a proper or systematic order.
77. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
78. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
79. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
80. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
1. (informal) Elegant and fashionable.
2. Give qualities or abilities to.
3. (informal) Very good.
4. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
5. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
6. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
7. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
8. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
9. Being one more than one.
10. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
11. A state in the western United States.
12. A floor covering.
13. A formal dance held for a school class toward the end of the academic year.
14. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
19. English actress noted for her performances in Shakespearean roles (1755-1831).
22. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
24. Administer an oil or ointment to.
28. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
29. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
32. A card game for 2 players.
33. A performer who dances.
35. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
36. A nobleman (in various countries) of varying rank.
40. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
42. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
43. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
45. American inventor.
46. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
51. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
53. The capital of Croatia.
54. (informal) Of the highest quality.
56. 10 grams.
61. Period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6.
62. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
63. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
64. An imperfection in a device or machine.
65. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
66. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
67. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
68. In bed.
70. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
71. A transuranic element.
75. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
76. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).